Here are some helpful instructions to enjoy your beautiful tulips tot he fullest:
- Handle tulips gently to avoid bruising.
- Fill a clean vase with fresh cool tap water and add floral food preservative according to the package directions.
- Trim the ends of the tulip stems at least one inch off the bottom, while they are still in the sleeve, and immediately place in the vase.
- Leave tulips in the sleeve for four hours to prevent their natural tendency to curve as they seek light.
- Remove sleeve from tulips.
- Keep the arrangement in a cool location, away from direct sunlight or drafts.
- Tulips are ethylene sensitive, making them open and age faster so be sure to avoid displaying them near fruits or vegetables.
- Change the water and re-cut stems every 2-3 days.